Degrees, certificates and diplomas
- Université de Sherbrooke, MD, 1982
- RCPSC Certification and Fellowship, Internal Medicine at McGill University, 1986
- Cardiology at the University of Toronto, 1986-1987
- Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine,1986
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology, Montreal Heart Institute, Université de Montréal 1987-1988.
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Cardiologist at the Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal since 1988
- Member of the Department of Medicine, Université de Montréal since 1988
- Director of the Coronary Care Unit 1994-1996
- Chief of Cardiology Division at Hôpital Sacré-Coeur de Mtl 2000-2006
- Director of the Adult Cardiology Training Program, Université de Montréal (2006–present)
- Member of the Specialty Committee in Cardiology at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada 2006-present.
Medical society memberships
- Association des Cardiologues du Québec
- Collège des Médecins du Québec
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fédération des Médecins Spécialistes du Québec
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society,member of the Quebec Heart Failure Society
- Member of the Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology.
- Honours, grants, and awards
- Prix d’excellence en enseignement (best professor) at the Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal in 1994
- Prix d’excellence en enseignement (best professor) for the Department of Medicine at the Université de Montréal.
Dr. Palisaitis’s CV lists 16 peer reviewed articles. His main scientific interests include teaching to medical students and residents. He is an experienced clinician and interventional cardiologist. His expertise is the management of acute coronary syndromes and myocardial infarction.